Where is the best trout fishing in California?
Where is the best trout fishing in California? The East Walker River is home to some of the best trout fishing in California and in the Eastern Sierra. Historically it is arguably the finest moving water trout fishery we have in the Eastern Sierra. The prime section is located below the dam of Bridgeport Reservoir making it a tailwater fishery.
Where is the best river fishing in California?
- Upper Sacramento River. McCloud River. Fall River. Hat Creek. Yellow Creek. Pit River.
- Lower Sacramento River. Merced River. Lower Kings River. Putah Creek. Feather River (Low-flow)
- Truckee River. Little Truckee River. Carson River (East Fork) Carson River (West Fork) Red Lake Creek.
What is the best place to fish for trout?
- Madison River (Montana)
- Gallatin River (Montana)
- Yellowstone River (Montana)
- South Fork Flathead River (Montana)
- Clearwater River (Idaho)
- Deschutes River (Oregon)
- North Umpqua River (Oregon)
- Kern River (California)
Where was the biggest trout caught in California? Giant Rainbow Trout Caught on the Feather River was Likely the Largest Ever Caught in California. A monster rainbow trout was caught on the Thermalito Diversion Pool recently, just below the Oroville Dam on the Feather River.